Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings, conferences and exhibitions. To name a few of the events, we are already looking forward to a few key events for 2021 including: raceday concerts from Olly Murs and Rick Astley this summer and the popular two-day Ladbrokes Winter Carnival at the end of November.
We are seeking a passionate Social Media & Content Coordinator with proven experience to join our friendly Marketing Team and play a key role in curating and developing our social media accounts. This is a new exciting opportunity which will initially be on a 6-month fixed term basis (with the possibility of extension or permanent employment depending on circumstances). The successful candidate will be highly creative, organised and will have the knowledge and passion for social media to jump straight into this role and deliver it with confidence.
The successful candidate in this role will;
• Curate the company’s social media accounts across both the racing and non-racing businesses and develop a reliable content planner for all channels considering the tone of voice and targeted audiences for each platform.
• Develop creative social media campaigns to drive growth, reach and engagement, which converts to paying customers and provide weekly reports on performance to the Marketing Manager.
• Monitor the company’s social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram (including stories) Facebook, LinkedIn and respond to enquiries accordingly and in a timely manner.
• Manage the social media platforms on racedays and generate creative and compelling content to support sponsors and our audiences on the day.
• Create video content and use video suite software to edit, produce and clip footage. • Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find latest ways of measuring social media activity and increase engagement to convert to purchasing customers as well as consider introduction on new social platforms. • Analyse competitor social media activity and implement best practice across all channels.
• Provide Newbury Racecourse Official Partners & Sponsors with strong digital exposure & presence (e.g., tagging official accounts, incorporating their brand logos and colours).
• Provide the Sponsorship Manager with digital screenshots & statistics when required ready to be included in sponsor post-event reports.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant experience in a comparable environment
• Video editing software skills
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent organisational skills and creative flair with an eye for detail
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
A qualification in social media / digital marketing and an interest in sport / horseracing would be advantageous but is not essential.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced-rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Free parking
• Opportunities for training and career growth
Application: To apply please visit the following link: https://hr.breathehr.com/recruitment/vacancies/16866?identifier=newbury and send us your CV and covering letter including remuneration details. You will need the documents handy when you click the link. All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum. Deadline for application 30th June 2021.