Based from: Home
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract type: 12 month, fixed term contract
Racing Welfare is a national charity supporting all those working and retired from the British horseracing and the breeding industry. Following an exciting period of development and growth within the team, we are looking to appoint a Regional Community Executive in the North, on a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will help develop and deliver relevant fundraising and communication strategies, as well as developing and delivering welfare community events to the region.
Role Summary: Providing organisational and administrative support this role will support the Welfare, Fundraising and Communications teams in delivering agreed targets.
General responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Supporting Regional Welfare teams in delivering a programme of community engagement events and initiatives
• Supporting the community and volunteer-led fundraising events and activities that form part of the charity’s calendar of events
• Working with Regional teams to develop and deliver communication strategies for the Region.
• Develop targeted and relevant communications for the Region through appropriate channels
It is essential to the role that the incumbent has a good understanding of the racing industry, along with a good understanding of the charity and volunteer sector’s fundraising practices.
The successful candidate will:
• be able to establish, develop and manage relationships with local businesses to support the charity
• have knowledge of marketing channels and be able to develop targeted and relevant communications for the region
• be an excellent communicator, both verbally and written, highly organised with strong administrative skills
• be able to engage with people at all different levels
This is a full time role which involves travel within the UK so is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving licence and has access to a vehicle. There is also a requirement to support and attend charity events so will require some occasional evening and weekend commitments.
Application: Please click here to apply for the role. Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications made directly through the Careers in Racing page. The closing date for this role is 22nd January 2021. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
Racing Welfare is committed to safeguarding and will always recruit all personnel in line with government guidelines, relevant legislation, and the Charity Commission’s best practice guidance.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. We only ask applicants to disclose convictions which are not yet spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Racing Welfare’s Safeguarding Statement of Intent can be found on our website here