The Racecourse Association (The RCA) is the Award-winning trade association for British Racecourses. The RCA forms one third of the tripartite leadership of British Racing, ensuring the sport is governed in a modern, effective and fair fashion.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the RCA team. The RCA wishes to recruit a Racecourse Services Executive to help deliver core operational services to our members.
Key skills for this role include:
• Knowledge of the racing industry, including the requirements on racecourses for delivery of a raceday
• A positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
• Team orientated
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• Attention to detail
The role may involve working very occasional evenings and weekends.
The role will be based at the RCA Office in Ascot, but the successful candidate will be able to work from home in line with the RCA’s COVID-19 protocols.
A provisional job specification is outlined below:
• Provide executive assistance to the Racecourse Services Team in the areas of raceday operations including BHA Regulations, Safety at Sports Grounds, Medical and Veterinary provision, Safety and Security and national accreditation
• Conduct research and deliver projects as directed by senior Executive Team
• Ongoing supervision of PASS, the Racecourse Entry System for officials, owners, trainers and jockeys, including a key role in the delivery of the next phase of system development
• Assist in delivery of RCA Seminars, Groundstaff Awards and Events
• Regular communication and relationship building with member racecourses
• Develop strong and effective relations with a wide range of Industry Stakeholders particularly officials, owners, trainers and jockeys.
Application: To apply, please submit a covering letter with CV to Holly Cook – email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 22 January 2021.