Racing Welfare is a national charity supporting all those working and retired from the British horseracing and breeding industry. Following an exciting period of growth and development we are looking to appoint an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Director of Welfare.
Vital to the smooth and effective executive support of senior people within the Charity, the successful incumbent will facilitate this through a range of secretarial responsibilities.
We will require this person to execute efficient and accurate diary management, co-ordination of all internal and external meetings and the co-ordination of travel arrangements in-line with business and personal commitments.
Forward planning, the ability to problem solve and quickly develop strong working relationships are all essential skills required. Also requisite to the role is the possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a professional “can do” attitude. Being privy to highly confidential information, it is crucial that the appointee is trustworthy, discreet and has a high regard for confidentiality.
In addition to the these skills you will need to have experience of high quality minute taking, a typing speed of at least 60 wpm and held a position of Executive Assistant or PA role supporting Director level and above.
Key responsibilities within this role include, but are not limited to:
• diary management, dealing with correspondence, expense claims, answering and dealing with calls, making travel arrangements and producing presentation slides
• liaising with The Jockey Club Group support teams in order to co-ordinate meetings, appointments, assist with ad-hoc issues and share information as appropriate
• supporting and organising department team meetings and activities, booking venues, producing agendas, organising transport and liaising with all departments as required
• undertaking and managing the co-ordination of the production of papers, presentations and minutes to ensure the smooth running of meetings
• responsible for all aspects of organising Trustee meetings for all of the committees within the Racing Welfare group including: preparing agendas, organising location and catering, collating papers by liaising with the relevant employees, uploading the papers to the virtual boardroom, liaising with trustees and minute taking at meetings.
Due to the nature of the role, occasional travel for meetings around the UK will be required, when necessary.
Application: If you are interested in applying for this role then please submit your application via our online recruitment portal. Deadline for application 16th October 2020. APPLICATIONS NOT SUBMITTED THROUGH THE JOCKEY CLUB PORTAL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.