Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions.
We now seek to appoint an appropriately qualified and experienced individual to take up a role as Maintenance Technician. Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will have full working knowledge of safe working practices, and a proactive approach to carrying out a varied range of maintenance duties across the NRC site.
Main duties will include:
• Supporting the Maintenance Manager in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations while maintaining efficient and high performance standards.
• Giving site support to the set up and de-rig of all site conference & events and provide race day support.
• Taking a proactive attitude in identifying and resolving defects.
• Undertaking systems installation / maintenance / repair work as required.
• Carry out building fabric repairs and small works such as painting & decorating.
• Undertaking all necessary repairs and PPM tasks of a statutory and non-statutory nature relating to Electrical systems, Boilers, HVAC and General Building elements, and advising the Maintenance Manager on remedial action required.
• Working on new installations and undertaking training on new techniques and legislation as required and passing on knowledge to others.
• Completing all necessary paperwork to support tasks and provide an audit trail for legislative compliance.
• Completing risk assessment and method statement review for all contractors prior to carrying out their works.
• Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, all relevant Health & Safety Legislation and site specific Health, Safety and welfare policies.
• Ensuring communication to the team on activity that will have any impact on the site staff or facilities.
• Maintaining contractor, O&M and service records.
The ideal candidate will have a flexible attitude in order to work independently and as part of a team, with enthusiasm for both the role and the Racecourse.
Essential requirements are:
• One of the following qualifications: City and Guilds in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. Plumbing, Gas Safe Commercial and Domestic.
• Proven competence in Electrical Controls systems associated with Mechanical Services and the ability to diagnose faults and put forward appropriate rectification measures will also be required.
• A valid UK driving licence.
You will be required to work during all racedays and events. In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Free parking
• Opportunities for training and career growth
Application: To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. email@example.com. Quoting reference number JID1155 in the email subject line. All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum. Deadline for application 24 September 2021.