About Total Performance Data
Total Performance Data is at the forefront of sports data technology, our aim is to revolutionise the horse racing industry by using cutting edge technology across a global customer base. We work in collaboration with engineers from Cambridge’s ‘Silicon Fen’ to provide innovative data to the world of racing. Total Performance Data is a pioneer in capturing in-race speed and biometric data from racecourses around the world and commercialising live data feeds.
We have experienced exponential growth, currently distributing live data across 80 racetracks globally, with over 400,000 data points on horses from 40,000 races and counting. We are now looking to expand our Operational team.
About the role
Our Field Operator will manage and operate our racehorse timing devices at racecourses across the UK, with your home racecourse at Wolverhampton.
We are a small, friendly team and therefore you will be working closely with senior management on a regular basis. You will be at the centre of a growing business, offering a variety of exciting opportunities in horseracing.
Who we are looking for
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent computer literacy.
• Good customer service skills.
• Punctuality and good timekeeping skills.
• A self-starter attitude with a desire to be independent in your work
• The ability to travel to racing fixtures with equipment
• A valid UK Drivers Licence and you own car (associated expenses will be covered)
• An interest in equine sports or horseracing is welcome, but is not essential
• Setting up IT equipment on the day of racing fixtures
• Managing tracking devices at each racecourse: issue to trainers and collect after racing
• Monitoring operation of the system during racing
• Ensuring all of the devices are charged and working for data capture
• Reporting faults and sending trackers for repairs
• Collecting devices and transporting them to the next racing location
• Keeping the kit in good working order and manage repairs and replacements
• Operating across other regions as part of a team of Operators
• Cross checking data is correct against official race times
• Publishing race data
• Looking for trends and statistical patterns in data (optional)
Days and hours
• Based at Wolverhampton Racecourse, covering all their racing fixtures. In addition you will be in charge for covering Uttoxeter, Bangor, Hereford, Worcester and Ffos Las and other racecourses as required
• The racing calendar varies widely. Fixtures run throughout the year, on all days of the week and are almost always afternoons or evenings.
• You will be at the course for about 6-7 hours each workday. Days and hours are variable, but not flexible, and depend on the racing calendar for racedays in your territory.
As an example see below for October 2021 fixtures you would cover:
4-Oct-21 Floodlit Wolverhampton
7-Oct-21 Afternoon Worcester
11-Oct-21 Afternoon Wolves
12-Oct-21 Afternoon Hereford
15-Oct-21 Afternoon Uttoxeter
16-Oct-21 Floodlit Wolverhampton
18-Oct-21 Floodlit Wolverhampton
20-Oct-21 Afternoon Worcester
21-Oct-21 Floodlit Wolverhampton
26-Oct-21 Afternoon Bangor-On-Dee
29-Oct-21 Afternoon Uttoxeter
30-Oct-21 Floodlit Wolverhampton
Travel time and expenses paid
In addition to your salary, mileage expenses and associated work costs will be paid when working at racetracks that are not at Wolverhampton racecourse.
£13 per hour plus discretionary monthly bonus
Casual (Part Time)
Application – Please submit your CV to email@example.com, by 31 October 2021
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we will only be contacting successful applicants.
If you do not live within 1 hour’s driving distance of Wolverhampton, please understand that the commuting involved would not be sustainable for you and we will not be in contact with you regarding this position.