Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue, with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 race meetings each year, alongside a wide range of other exciting events. In early 2022 Newbury Racecourse is planning on re-opening The Lodge, a 36 room hotel offering outstanding accommodation to stable staff on and around race-days, and to the public for the remainder of the year.
Newbury Racecourse is currently seeking 2 Night Porters on a full-time and part-time basis to join our friendly team. This is a position of responsibility taking care of the hotel during the night, ensuring the hotel meets and exceeds customer expectations whilst maintaining agreed standards of service.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
• Greeting late arrivals, answering queries, helping to resolve any issues and providing exceptional assistance and service to our guests during night-time hours
• Assisting with food service and operating the on-site bar as and when required
• Receiving and processing telephone and walk in reservations accurately to ensure guest satisfaction
• Carrying out other administrative and reception duties that may be required
• Participating in night cleaning schedules as directed by the General Manager
• Compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations
• Ensuring the security of the hotel during night-time hours
The successful candidate will:
• Understand the importance of attention to detail
• Be self-motivated and able to use their initiative
• Possess excellent communication skills and work well within a team
• Exercise sound judgement and be happy to work unsupervised
• Possess excellent IT and organisational skills
• Be an ambassador for The Lodge and Newbury Racecourse
Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided. This role is likely to include hours of work during weekends on a rota basis.
In return we can offer competitive pay and an attractive benefits scheme including:
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Excellent opportunities for training and career growth
Application: To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at
Conundrum Consulting Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org. Quoting reference number JID1244 in the email subject line. Deadline for application 21 November 2021.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum