A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Administrator to join an ambitious new initiative to formalise a pathway into Racing through Pony Racing. The initiative, which has secured Racing Foundation funding for the next 5 years, is spearheaded by the Pony Racing Authority and brings together activities delivered by partners including Racing to School, the Pony Club, Careers in Racing, the British Racing School and the National Horseracing College.
The goal of the 5-year collaborative strategy is to align the activities delivered by each of these organisations as part of a formal pathway, and to maximise their impact. It will build on the great progress already being made to train and develop jockeys and racing staff of the future.
The role is funded for one day a week and is ideal for someone self-employed, who can work from home and is looking to add their portfolio of work. The role offers a great deal of flexibility, as well as the opportunity to help shape the pathway into racing for the next generation of jockeys and racing staff.
The role will involve:
• Responsibility for monitoring the co-ordination of activities through a calendar of events – Pony Club Camp visits, Taster Sessions at Race Days, Academies, Graduates of Academies
• Setting up new activities including liaising with local community and youth groups, arranging venues, visits, risk assessments, liaising with instructors/suppliers when required
• Liaising with and co-ordinating attendees
• Run and update the database for the strategy
• Delivering and maintaining the communications and social media strategy
• Provide support to all partner organisations as and when required
The ideal candidate will:
• Be self-motivated
• Have good office and administrative skills
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Have experience in setting up reporting and invoicing systems
• Marketing and social media skills
• Understand the background of the Pony Club, riding schools and pony racing but not necessary to have experience
• Be prepared to travel to events and to visit Pony Club Centres
• Have the ability to ensure Pony Racing continues to attract and appeal to the widest group of participants and be as inclusive as possible
• Awareness of what is required to work with young people
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Application: To apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter to Clarissa Daly firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 16th October 2020